Former professional footballer David Beckham rose to fame at the age of 17 when he entered a Manchester football club in 1992. He is known for his warm smiles, high fashion sense, and most of all, his gorgeous hairstyles. For men like you who is always on the lookout of trendy hairstyles, we rounded up hundreds of David Beckham hair ideas for your inspiration.
Hairstyles for men can go at any length with a lot of options available and David Beckham had tried all of these stunning hairstyles. He is most notable on his high fade hairstyles that include modern pompadour, buzz cut, crew cut, comb over, temple fade, and more.
Not only that he is a football superstar, but he is also a fashion icon that men always try to mimic. There’s no wonder why Spice Girls singer Victoria Beckham fall for our guy. This is absolutely logical as Beckham has been one of the most famous athletes in this generation. Its’s one great reason to copy his fashion and styles.
He has showcased almost all hairstyles for men for so many years and even on the field, he has proven his immense taste in fashion. So, for most men who make Beckham as their inspiration, we are definitely living for you.
With that being said, we understand that you want to be as fashionable as Beckham. And when it comes to hairstyles, his hair is one great inspiration to copy.
To keep you inspired and updated with hairstyles for men, a collection of David Beckham hair ideas is here. These will also make your hairstyle search easier. Take a tour on this page as we have a lot of ideas in store for you.
List of David Beckham hair ideas
Beckham’s hairstyles have been gaining popularity around the world, especially among those who play football. Even the little boys have made him their inspiration when it comes to hairstyles as well as when playing soccer.
Apart from showing you these beautiful photos of Beckham on his notable hairstyles, we will also provide you a list. On this list, you’ll find the extraordinary hairstyles that he has worn for years.
Check these out:
- Slicked back
- Comb over
- Classic pompadour
- Modern pompadour
- Crew cut
- Temple face
- Brushed up
- Taper fade hair
- Mid-fade hair
- Scissor fade hairstyle
- Skin fade hair
- Classic fade hair
- Drop fade hairstyle
- High fade hair
- Low fade hairstyle
- Shadow fade hair
- Short fade haircut
- Low-key fauxhawk
- Textured low fade French cut
- Modern laid flat top with shaved temple
- Short bob
- Blonde lob
- Caesar cut
- Classic sleek side part
- Burst fade hair
The list only contains a few of David Beckham hair ideas. There are plenty of it, but the photos here are prettier than ever. Not to mention that it’s David Beckham.
How to maintain your David Beckham hair
Men’s hair also requires upkeeping although it’s way low-key than of women’s hair. However, if David Beckham is your inspiration, you should also know that it’s important to care for your hair.
You may not have a resident hairdresser like the football superstar, but that doesn’t mean you can’t keep your hair healthy. To help you with that, here are some tips to maintain the health of your hair.
- Use a matte styling clay or paste when thinning. If you notice that your hair is thinning, use matte hair products that soak up light to make your hair look thicker. Products like Uppercut Matt Clay, Kiehl’s Texturizing Clay, Boogie’s Hair Fiber, Men-U Muscle Fiber Paste are great.
- Fill your hair with proteins. Just like many women, you too must pack your hair with extra protein. Wash your hair in eggs at least every two weeks to keep it hydrated. Eggs are rich in proteins that are good for your hair.
- Get a good timing for a haircut. If you want to have a haircut that is painstakingly done, you need to go to the salon during its quiet moment. For instance, hairdressers are still fresh and not worn out in the morning. Get the first appointment. Another option is to get a haircut when the salon only has an hour to close. This is to ensure that the hairdressers don’t cut your hair in a hurry.
- Apply a pre-styling hair product. Before putting wax, clay, or pomade, you must apply a pre-styler spray to give a good impact on those hair pastes. Pre-stylers such as Mizani True Textures Enhancing Lotion, Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray, Oribe Grandiose Hair Mousse, and Redken Sea Salt Spray are awesome.
More tips to care for your hair
Considering that the human hair is technically lifeless, it’s still amazing that it needs your love and care. Not only that it makes you look great, but it also protects your scalp from the heat of the sun, weather, and hair products chemicals. These are the first three culprits in destroying your hair.
Your hair may have build-ups from all the shampoos you use that are up to no good. Thus, it’s important that you keep it healthy by using safe hair products.
With all these David Beckham hair ideas, you might be considering now to get an appointment with your hairstylist. So, for your ease, here are a few more tips to maintain your hair.
- Don’t overdo the hair products. When you use too heavy hair products on your hair when styling, you ten to make it more susceptible to damage. Make it more natural, but manageable.
- Put shampoo on dry hair to get rid of the wax. Hair wax can be difficult to remove when it’s applied to the hair. The trick is to apply the shampoo while your hair is dry. Then rinse it and apply another shampoo to release all of it and leave your hair clean. Products like Kiehl’s Gentle Hair & Body Wash, Aesop Classic Shampoo, Bulldog Original Shampoo & Conditioner, and Uppercut Deluxe Shampoo are great for your hair.
- Don’t rub. Just like most women’s hair, rubbing your hair can cause damage and breakage at the same time. When your hair is damp, it’s weaker. So, it’s important that you pat dry your hair after a shower.
- Get a head massage. As much as our body needs a massage for destressing, our scalp also needs a regular massage to promote healthy hair growth.
What to do when you wear a David Beckham hair
David Beckham is no stranger to wearing different hairstyles and he has done that for many years. He has matched his hairstyles with his football jersey, casual clothes, suits, and a lot more.
This is one reason why men admire him – his soccer tricks and his fashion sense. For you to maintain your David Beckham-inspired hair, here are more tips and tricks so you can enjoy your gorgeous hairstyles.
- Don’t overwash. If you wash your hair every single day, a good chance is that it will lose its natural moisture that will lead to dry hair. Instead, wash it at least twice a week with a mild sulfate-free shampoo and never forget to apply a conditioner. Products like Hanz De Fuko Natural Conditioner, Philip Kingsley Moisture Balancing Conditioner, Men-U Daily Moisturizing Conditioner, and Baxter of California Daily Conditioner are awesome.
- Avoid hot water. If you have greasy hair growth, try to avoid washing it with hot water when you shower. Use cool water to avoid any more hair issues.
- Protect your hair before a dip. Swimming pools are always great, especially when hot weather comes in. But pools contain chlorine that plays a good role in destroying your hair – making it dull and frizzy. To save your hair from possible damage, wet your hair with clean water before you take a dip and apply a conditioner. Products such as Kerastase Soleil Bain, Superdrug Active Hair Shampoo, Tigi Bed Totally Beachin’ Melow After-Sun Conditioner, and Pankhurst London Leave-in Styling Conditioner are great for you.
What’s the gist with these tips?
Just as much as David Beckham cares for his hair, which we know he has a resident hairstylist and adviser, you too should the same. Taking care of your hair is surprisingly important despite the fact it’s technically dead because it’s always part of fashion and beauty.
So, to keep you on the loop, read these tips carefully.
- Don’t overdo the blow-dry. It may be the usual thing for you to blow dry your hair in max heat, but it’s never a good idea. It will only put your hair to danger. Instead, keep it in the cool mode to dry your hair. Or better yet, air-dry it to be safe.
- Take it to the vinegar. We often forget about organic and home remedies when it comes to hair care. But these are extremely important too. To make your hair shinier and healthier, apply a vinegar that you use at home and rinse well. This will help cleanse your scalp, leaving it free from any build-ups.
- A cold shower isn’t good either. Both hot and cold shower is no good for your hair. Coldwater limits the blood vessels that carry nutrients in your scalp. Instead, wash your hair with cool water – not cold and not hot either.
- Go to a salon with transparency. You should know that if you see the guys at the salon just by looking at their glass windows, it’s definitely a good salon. Great hairdressers should show how they do their works to the people outside.
- Use dry hairspray. To give shape and texture to your styling, use a dry hairspray to make it stand out that just like David Beckham. Products like GHD Fina Fix Hairspray, Redken Wind Blown Dry Finishing Spray, Oribe Dry Texturing Spray, and Label M Texturizing Volume Spray are great.
David Beckham hair ideas are next to daintiness
We all know that David Beckham has worn almost all of the hairstyles that we’ve seen in the beauty industry. No wonder why he is considered one of the famous fashion icons as he is fearless enough to try all the hairstyles that he can wear.
You can name everything and he is going to wear it with ease and style. This is also another reason why we rounded up hundreds of David Beckham hair ideas that you could hope for.
Beckham has worn cornrows, man bun, ponytail, long hair, messy top knot, blonde, bleached hair, spiky hair. The buzz cut has been one of his favorite hairstyles that he has worn over the years. Even on the field, he perfectly wears it with comfort that we are secretly jealous about.
Both modern and classic buzz cut has been his on-the-go hairstyle on the field or even in the red carpet. He has also styled his hair with a classic and modern pompadour, which looks magnificent when he wears his suit and tie.
Top fade, high fade, a pompadour, and buzz cut are among his favorite hairstyles nowadays. But many of his fans (men of course) still admire the vintage haircuts that made him awesome when he was younger.
His hairstyles are incredibly fun to look at. There was even a time that he wore a headband for his medium length hair. He was also spotted wearing a blonde ponytail during his previous football games.
When it comes to hairstyles, David Beckham is definitely a true warrior – brave enough to try anything unusual in fashion. This is why we all love him. Women, including myself, are his number one fans.
Because why not? David Beckham is truly an amazing fashion icon.
Caring for your hair is essential
When you are determined enough to maintain your hair, these David Beckham hair ideas are definitely for you. The football superstar himself knows well that his hair is admired by so many people. We all know too that he has been doing that since he rose to fame.
While we still have a lot of David Beckham hair ideas to show you, you will need to know more tips on maintaining it.
- Avoid tight caps. If your hair is thinning, you should not wear a tight cap. This causes friction towards your hair that can damage your strands, making your hair go even thinner. You also need to avoid rubbing your hair after a shower. You can use a cotton-soft towel or a t-shirt to pat dry your hair.
- Always bring a comb. You don’t need a brush as most women do. You can only carry a small comb with you wherever you go. When your hair wax, clay, gel or any styling product messes up, you can just wet your comb and run through your hair to get the styling back. Smaller combs like Baxter of California Pocket Comb and Kent Brushes comb are great.
- Talk to your barber. It’s easy to spot a good barber. If he talks to you about styling and haircuts and recommends good hair products, don’t lose him. He is the one.
- Go where your crown is. If you are going to style your hair side part, go where your crown lies because it would look natural and easy to style too.
Our body needs enough vitamins and minerals to keep up with the stress we always deal with every day. So does your hair. Take vitamins C and D and with zinc such as My Protein’s Vitamin D3 and Vitamin C Powder, Now L Opti Zinc, and Nioxin Scalp Treatment System 2.
David Beckham’s hairstyles are a must-have
There is no doubt that these David Beckham hair ideas have put us in awe. He is undoubtedly a man of fashion, making sure that he doesn’t go out of style. He said before that he has great guys who take care of his hairstyles.
However, if he wants to maintain a crew cut, which is also one of his famous hairstyles, he revealed that he does it himself without his guys. Of course, we can’t blame him for being one of the most efficient fashion icons and athlete of all time.
He has an incredible army of fans – men and women that would love to see him play football even after his retirement. With his gorgeous hairstyles, we know that there will be a lot of hair ideas to expect in the years to come.
For now, we should all enjoy these David Beckham hair ideas that we all love. These will be most men’s hair inspiration while dealing with their day to day lives.
We would also like to remind you to keep those tips and tricks that we gave you to enjoy your hairstyle. Remember, no one else can maintain your hair but you.
Keep checking for more of his stunning hairstyles below. Some of these are his vintage hairstyles while others are recent that we’ve seen a few times.
Do you love David Beckham? Are you a fan too? Or you simply admire his hairstyles that everyone definitely loves?
Let us know what you think of his hairstyles in the comments box below. See you again in our next fashion adventure.