When it comes to bright colors, we think about vivid tones such as blue, purple, peach, and more. These can be your hair color in a heartbeat, but have you thought about orange? Why not? Orange let us feel its vividness and this can be a great summer look. With these orange hair ideas that we piled up, you will surely take the plunge.
Orange is the new black as they say. Striking and gorgeous, wearing orange hair gives you an eccentric makeover – bold and beautiful to its extent. This is even Pantone’s inspiration to make the color living coral be the official color in 2019.
Orange is also part of one the most mesmerizing and convincing hair color trends – the mermaid hair where you can find everything under-the-sea colors. If you are thinking about getting a makeover this summer, you are definitely in for a treat as we show a wide array of orange hair ideas.
This hue has been making waves to this date and if you are considering to have one, know that it can fade quickly. That is of course if you don’t care for it. Upkeeping can take time and effort, but if you are determined to have a vivid and unique hairstyle, orange hair is the best answer.
Celebrities also took the plunge
It’s one of the most dramatic and romantic hair trends this year that even the famous public figures and celebrities have also taken the plunge. Celebrities like Rose Leslie, Emma Stone, Nicole Kidman, Christina Hendricks, Rihanna, and more have worn orange hair.
Orange hair can take a lot of hues such as red, peach, pink, brown, golden brown and a lot more. These are used as highlights, lowlights, undertones or simply combined with orange to get a fiery hair trend.
So, to keep up with this trending orange hair, take a look at this collection for your inspiration.
Orange hair ideas with combination
Do these photos get you excited already? But we have a lot more to show you with these different hairstyles on orange hair. Other ideas you’ll see were mermaid-inspired hair with their stunning beach waves.
Burnt orange, golden orange, red-brown and orange combo – anything you would want to see, we’ve got you covered. You will also find orange hair with subtle balayage highlights that have been making headlines in the hair trend industry.
Orange hair isn’t just for summer. It can be your hair color even on normal days and events. You can also make it your homecoming hairstyle to put your loved ones and friends in awe.
Ensure to check this list for your ideas and inspiration.
- Orange balayage beach waves
- Sleek neon peach-orange hair
- Light orange bob cut
- Red-orange waves with space buns
- Burnt orange with subtle waves
- Deep and dreamy orange hair
- Shiny blue, ice-blonde and orange flame
- Dark orange waves
- Pastel orange sunset bob
- Subtle copper-orange curls
- Shiny black and orange combo
- Melted auburn orange curls
- Extra-long neon orange beach waves
- Magenta and bright orange medium length hair
- Orange highlights
- Yellow-orange ombre butterfly-inspired bob
- Dark purple orange ombre wedge hair
- Orange blonde and soft waves
- Orange-brown soft curls
- Half-orange and pink sunrise curls
- Dark roots to melted peach locks
- Shiny copper burnt orange
- Dark roots with bright peach-orange locks
- Red-orange curls
- Strawberry platinum-blonde
- Warm red undertones
- Ashy burnt orange hue on natural Afro hair
- Peach and burgundy red combo
- Vivid orange bob
- Light brown-orange tones bob
- Volumized burnt orange curls
- The natural touch of pink lowlights
How to maintain orange hair
Women love all things beauty, and hairstyle too – we all do. So, when it comes to hair trends we are never outdated. But sometimes, we forget to check some tips on maintaining our hair color that we often lose it quickly.
Bright colored hair fades quickly and that is something that you have to embrace. Unless you are determined for a regular touch up with your hairstylist, there is no problem at all.
However, knowing and learning some tips and tricks about upkeeping hair colors, especially those with high maintenance is absolutely important. It’s always exciting to wear orange hair, but you also need to maintain it.
So, these guides and tips would be great for you to maintain your orange hair without trouble.
- Follow important instructions. Orange hair requires a bleaching process that can damage not only your strands but your scalp too. It is important that you follow what your hairdresser says to ensure the safety of your hair.
- Prepare your hair for the bleaching process. I couldn’t make it clearer, but you will have to get your hair ready at least a night or two before you see your hairstylist or your colorist. Apply some cold-pressed coconut oil on your hair beforehand to keep its moisture. This will also keep your hair strong enough in dealing with bleaching.
- Cut off the damaged ends. Your hair becomes healthier when you regularly get a trim. But if you are going to your hairstylist for your orange hair, ensure that you chop off the damaged ends. This will keep the damage spreading at bay.
These are just a few of the tips that we have prepared for you. We will give you more pointers below, including DIY hair treatments that are very safe.
Home remedies to care for your orange hair
There are so many hair products that are damaging to your scalp and strands. Thus, it is important that you also learn home remedies in treating your orange hair to keep it healthy and strong.
Home remedies are incredibly safe because most of these are organic with zero chemicals. So, if you are currently indulging your hair with these gorgeous orange hair ideas, let these home remedies help you.
You are not required to do this every day. You only have to do this at least once a week during your free days. Here are some great things that you can do at home to upkeep your stunning orange hair.
Hydrate your hair with a homemade hair mask.
You will need to have these:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
It will take at least an hour to do this, but it’s worth it. Here’s how to make a hair mask:
Mix both the banana and avocado in a bowl using olive oil until you see no lumps.
Apply it on your hair from roots to tips.
When done, leave it on for an hour.
Rinse it using cold water and clean with a sulfate-free shampoo.
Banana, avocado, and olive oil all have hydrating properties that help hair replenish the lost moisture. These also help relieve brassy hair that’s caused by bleaching and coloring. Most of all, these ingredients of hair pack help mend the damaged hair.
Indulge your hair with proteins.
You need these:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 egg
It takes about 45 minutes to get done Here’s the process:
Whip both the egg and mayonnaise together in a bowl until a smooth mixture is achieved.
Apply the mixture on your hair and focus on your ends.
Leave the hair pack on for about 45 minutes.
Then wash your hair afterward using cold water and a sulfate-free shamppoo.
The mayonnaise helps relieve frizziness while the egg is packed with proteins that nourish your hair. Do this at least once a week on a regular basis to help restore your hair’s health.
More tips and home remedies to nourish your orange hair
Styling your orange hair might also make it more difficult to get its health back, especially when you don’t pay attention to it. You may not be able to avoid using heat styling, but there are many ways to keep it nourished.
With these home remedies, your orange hair should be safe from more harsh chemicals and the culprits that damage it. It’s okay to indulge with these stunning orange hair ideas, but keep these home remedies in mind for your guidance.
- Let oil coat your hair.
You will need:
- About 2 – 3 tbsp oil of your choice – argan, jojoba, coconut, olive, and others
Processing time is about 45 minutes. Here’s how to do it.
Warm your chosen oil up for a few seconds until it’s a little balmy and warm.
Gently massage the oil on your scalp to the tips of your hair. Focus more on your ends because are the most susceptible to damage during the coloring process.
Leave the oil on for 30 – 45 minutes or overnight if you can handle sleeping on it.
When done, wash your hair with cool water and a sulfate-free shampoo.
Do this about 2 – 3 times a week to complete the hair treatment (apart from hair mask). Organic oils keep your hair nourished and help protect your hair from the heat of the sun and other harmful chemicals.
It is important that you do these home remedies on a regular basis to ensure the strength of your hair. If you are determined to keep this color for a long time, you will some touch-ups with your hairstylist. This would mean that there will be harsh chemicals again.
We still have a lot of orange hair ideas in store for you below. Keep checking them for more inspiration.
More striking hairstyles for orange hair
With orange hair, there are so many hairstyles that you can try that won’t go out of fashion. The selection though is tough, especially when everything you see is pretty.
Luckily, we painstakingly chose these orange hair ideas that fit everyone’s lifestyle, taste, and preferences. A wide array of hairstyles ahead are too cute not to try.
So, if you already have orange hair and you want to style it all the time. This collection is for you.
- Pastel orange bob with bangs
- Shaggy flame with waves
- Vivid balayage ombre
- Burnt orange bob
- A-line flame
- Copper balayage ombre
- Dark roots copper orange
- Strawberry blonde waves
Orange hair is for everyone in any race, but those with light skin and green eyes perfectly fit this hair color. Redheads are always considered on the go with their chosen lifestyle who don’t just want to be noticed. But they also want people not to forget about them.
What fashion fits best for orange hair?
Wearing orange hair not only demands serious upkeeping, but it also needs great fashion sense for you to be on the go. If you are confused with the fashion that fits you better, don’t fret. We are giving you some tips with the best colors you need while you have orange hair.
- Take on neutral colors. Black, cream, white, and beige are the safest colors if you worry about how you look while on orange hair.
- Monochromatic fits you if you are into colors. If being colorful doesn’t bother you, take on teal, turquoise, navy green, and deep green are the best tones.
- Color blocking is fun. While wearing orange hair, color blocking is perfect for you if you are a fan of giving fashion an out-of-this-world hues. So, you can try purple, violet, and green as they can all stand out with orange.
- Complementary colors make orange stronger. Opposite colors make great contrasting tones while you have orange hair. Give this a try on your fashion ideas.
- Soft pastel fits with peach-orange hair. If you are too timid with bright colors to pair with your orange hair, stick to subtle pastel hues.
- Red is tricky, but it’s fiery. It’s the nearest color to orange, but if you match it with blue-green leaning colors such as teal or turquoise, you’ll get a vivid fashion. If you want a flaming fashion pattern, add yellow to red to perfectly match a burning orange hair.
What makeup should you wear for orange hair?
While you already have some fashion ideas, another tricky stuff is makeup to match with orange hair. Of course, it doesn’t have to be perfectly the same as your hair, but you will need to keep it soft while wearing orange hair.
Here’s what you can do:
- There is no need to match your eyebrows with your orange hair. You can either go for the same color family with orange hair such as auburn and copper. Or you can try blonde shades with yellow undertones.
- Avoid grayish espresso or taupe tints on your eyebrows. You may look weary on these shades while wearing orange hair.
- Go for black mascara. Black is always the safest color for the mascara, especially when you have orange hair. If you like the colored ones, make sure that they match your eyeshadow makeup.
- Warm monochromes eye makeup is perfect. Peache and orange shades whether metallic or matte and darkened with maroon soothe best with orange hair. You can also use the same shades on your cheek and lips.
- Earth-inspired colors are great too. Reiterating this again – neutral colors are the safest, but if you want to play with colors, nature-inspired hues are there for you to try on. If you have bright orange hair, go for neon eyeshadows, jewel hues, blue, and teal.
- Warm tones for lipstick. For your lips, go for peach, nudes, and living corals while darker shades like maroon or brick red fit well at night. Never use real orange lipstick. You may look like an anime.
- If your eyeshadow, mascara, and blush are light, play with colors. You can try lipstick with the colors purple, magenta, and aubergine if you are a true-blooded funky woman on the go.
Orange hair don’t care!
While seems too strong, many women have already tried this on their hair without hesitation. Many orange-haired beauties have been showing a bold fashion statement and we are definitely living for it.
With your orange hair, this can be enhanced with your makeup, which we have given you some tips and tricks. The point is, you can wear anything and any color while you have orange hair. There are no rules when it comes to fashion, but if you are into subtlety, those tips help you big time.
Not everyone is brave enough to wear orange hair, but this is worth more than a million bet in the lottery. With its fiery and vivid tones, one can well imagine how vibrant your lifestyle is.
Even with orange outfits, it’s definitely a must-have. Celebrities are among the most efficient wearers of orange hair. Not only that they look great on it, but they can take the orange fashion to the next dimension.
Styling isn’t a problem at all when it comes to orange hair. With so many ideas available, you will never go astray. There are more orange hair ideas below and we would love to know which one you like the most.
Whether you are now wearing orange hair or you are still planning to have one, let us know in the comments, which of these orange hair ideas you like the most.
We will give you more tips and tricks soon and be sure to check back with us for more ideas about beauty, fashion, makeup, hairstyle, and more. See you on our next hairstyle journey!